Hello all, I finally upgraded my 96 310D with 15,102 hours. I purchased a 2003 410G with relatively low hours. The 310 is still up for it every day and I am keeping it around for backup until I have faith in the 410. First observations are that the 410 is DEFINITELY an upgrade in power. It has a thumb which I have already found use for on the ranch. It also has a 4 in 1 on the front as did my 310D. Highly useful when doing firewood....lol. Question, I managed to get hold of a NPK Hoe Pack (post pounding mostly). Can anyone tell me which is the outflow side on the 410 so I can make sure I am plumbing the Hoe Pack correctly. Sitting in the backhoe operating position is hydraulic "out" on left side or right side of the boom?? I do not have the service manual yet. I went through the operators manual but could not seem to find out that information. I know that a hoe pack and thumb have different requirements with respect to hydraulic lines etc....thx....vs
Are you trying to operate the NPK hoe pak on the same hydraulic lines that operate the thumb cylinder ?
I was hoping to. I know that the thumb and the hoe pack are different in how they use the hydraulic fluid. Any suggestions?? thx...vs
The NPK hoe pak requires one way auxiliary flow similar to operating a hydraulic hammer. The return oil from the hoe pak must go back to the hydraulic filter/ hydraulic tank NOT through the auxiliary control valve for the thumb. The hydraulic motor needs to be able to keep spinning (freewheel) when the control is cycled to the off or neutral position.
link to NPK Compactor operators manual below. http://www.npkce.com/media/4266/c000-9610c-compactor-operators-manual-9-20.pdf
Thanks DD. So I can use the same supply line as the thumb but I need the return line to go directly to the tank. Does this mean plumbing in another line??...thx...vs
Yes. I suggest mounting a 3 way manual valve on the stick to supply oil to the thumb or the hoe pak. On the other side of the stick ,use a one way check valve (with a light spring) as a hose anchor to connect the hoe pak return line. The check valve limits oil spillage when removing / installing hoe pak. You could also use a hydraulic coupler instead of a check valve , I’m just not a big fan of using a coupler on the return. Run the return hose down the side of the boom ,install a running tee at the hydraulic filter inlet to connect the hose and your done.
Thanks again Dave, can you confirm which side of the stick is the supply line?? And just for info purposes, there are quick connects for the thumb, I could in theory just uncouple the thumb supply line and couple the hoe pack supply line in its place?? I have said it before but this is an amazing site....vs
oh by the way, the hoe pack came with lines with quick couplers as well....thx...vs
Looking from the backhoe operating position the marked “IN “ port on the NPK hoe pak carrier is on the left side and the marked “OUT“ port on the hoe pak carrier is on the right hand side. There is no thumb “supply“ line. The thumb is 2 way operation.
Sorry changed my mind, Use the hose at the rod end of the thumb cylinder as the hoe pak “Supply“ line. The rod end relief valve in the thumb control valve section will be set higher than the barrel end relief valve.
Hi Dave, is it ok if I PM you?? thx...vs
Sounds good, hammer down. . I PM’d you