I'm looking for a power steering hose for a 1987 Case IH 885 tractor
Go to your Parker store and get a chunk of that pretty blue 206 transport hose and a couple fittings. The nice hose fellers will even crimp the ends on for you. Clean the junk out with brake clean and compressed air before you install it. But, hurry up because Canada is going to ban brake clean in 2024. Good luck
Well, I figure it wont be long in the USA then...I am going to stock up. Thinking about a 55 gallon drum and one of those refillable sprayers. We use them at the school I teach at in the evening, with good results.
For sure. That’s a good way to do it. The Sureshot sprayers worked well and held up to student abuse, when I was teaching shop. Funny story time. University of Alaska Anchorage runs day and evening programs. The general automotive program is mostly evenings and tends to attract an interesting crowd. All of a sudden, at the beginning of spring semester, I noticed the hand sanitizer dispensers were rapidly depleting. At first, I thought good. Those filthy evening automotive students were being extra hygienic. Nope, not at all. They were eating it for a buzz. It was the department of corrections, half-way house, guys.
The correctional system started rehabbing the half-way house prisoners by encouraging them to work or go to school. My program, and culinary arts, became a dumping ground for felons. They all wanted to become chefs, or diesel mechanics, when they got out. I tried explaining to the powers at be, that it’s a waste of time and nobody can hire them because background check,.... and they were robbing the tool room and facility blind.
I had no idea UAA had an auto program. They got rid of most relevant courses years ago. Need a degree in left handed underwater basket weaving? SURE Nursing? Nope.
UAA Career and Technical College is still barely hanging on, despite the disfunction. Until recently, they had a Ford ASSET program until they screwed that up. It looks like they have lost their NATEF accreditation for auto & diesel. The GM ASEP program is still operating and probably doing Ok because the professor that runs the program does a good job.
Always tricky sourcing parts for older equipment. I wouldn't even know where to begin with this one. A salvage yard? Keen to follow the thread and find out what you did!
Is your tractor 2WD? Is it the hose illustrated in this diagram, number 23? If so, the part number is: 3121235R1