Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2004 Bobcat 863 Turbo – Size

Odyknuck ยท 2011-06-12 12:36

Note that I have never owned a Skidsteer and I am looking for sound advice. Would an 863 be too large of a machine for Home use only? I have line on one for a really good price. Just do not want to buy one that is too large or too small.

Replies3
  1. #1willie592011-06-12 12:42

    An 863 would be rather big for most "home use" applications, but I don't know that you would consider it too big unless your scope of work required a small machine for compact spaces. It depends on what you're going to be doing with it.

  2. #2Odyknuck2011-06-12 14:22

    My current task list includes removing top soil to widen and extend my drive ,then backfilling with base and 304, removing about 18" deep 30' X 10' area of topsoil at one end of the shop then back filling with fill, general drive upkeep, building a small horse barn in the future, cutting trials in the Woods for quads, snow plowing. Maybe even dig a pond. IA skidsteer is not the best for digging and is slow however I am not on clock with it. Its just hard to pass the machine up for $8000.00 delivered to my door.

  3. #3willie592011-06-12 15:23

    In that case, I'd say I would rather have something the size of an 863 as opposed to smaller.