Hello to all I am having trouble I’ve been working on this machine for the last month. It all started with the auxiliary ECM being faulty. I purchased a new right hand, joystick control because the thumb roller switch was no good. The magnetic spring inside of the thumb control was disintegrated so I had to purchase a brand new joystick control from caterpillar which was around $700 with taxes, I installed it and still nothing. I took the machine to caterpillar dealer where they tried to connect to Cat ET and they could not read the computer so they took the computer apart and told me it had some water damage, but the machine was still functioning fine the bucket arms would go up and down and the tilt on it would work …it was just the work tool was not working caterpillar quoted me $6500 for a new auxiliary ECM without it being programmed that was just for the computer/ecm so I went on eBay and took a chance I found one from China that they told me they would program it to my machine. They asked me for my serial number which I gave to them and I specifically told them I need the work tool to work. This is why I’m purchasing it. Everything else works, but the work tool so it did come a few days ago. I installed it and it worked surprisingly and I only paid $800 for it brand new. Hopefully this will help some of those out there that had the same issue that I had with the ECM. I will post some photos of it as well. so now when I move the thumb control switch, I hear the clicking on the solenoids ANB for the work tool side of it, but nothing happens so I removed the solenoid and plugged the valve body that it came out of and tried it turned the machine on move the thumb switch and I see the solenoid opening and closing to me. It sits in an open position and when you activate that roller switch it closes. I don’t know how it’s designed, but from what I read, it should be in a close position and then open, but if you are looking at the solenoid with the hole on the bottom facing you and you activate it it is oh it’s in an open position as soon as you activate it, you see it close flush this is what I do not understand. Also, you would think that the pressure that’s coming from the pump into the valve body would go straight because there is no solenoid regulating how much fluid is going into the port of the auxiliary line and there’s no pressure going in there. I don’t know if I have to put a gauge on the auxiliary pressure line. There is a nipple there that you can put a gauge and check the pressure on it and if there’s no pressure, I believe there’s a valve there that you can turn up to add pressure to it, which I will do tomorrow and I will get back to this forum and update this form but if there’s anyone out there that knows anything about this they can guide me because at this point I’ve gotten this far. Everything is working, but I’m not getting pressure to to those lines which is a coupler lines. Thank you.
The serial number is CAT0216BHRLL01557
Check your messages. i sent you some stuff to get you going.
Wow thank you a million for this info The only thing it did not have that I’m looking for is the cut away of the caterpillar 216 B regular valve body all they had was a cut out of the high flow, bigger valve body what it gave me an enough info and somewhat of an ideal of what’s wrong with this valve body the control valve is stuck or clogged. I will need to remove the auxiliary side of it and look for any debris or scoring or something like that. I will do this tomorrow. Worst case scenario I will have to get another valve body, but thank you 1 million the information you sent will help me out a lot. God bless you.
Is the attached any use to you.?
Thanks I will look in to it some more You are a blessing thanks again