Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2004 IH 9400 runs but no power to anything.

Old Doug ยท 2023-03-09 18:19

It starts and runs great but has know power to anything . There is a solenoid on top of the fuses and relays it has power on one side but not the other and no power to the small wires that must energize it. The ign switch must power it ?

Replies4
  1. #1Old Doug2023-03-10 08:26

    The main solenoid must be activated when the key is turned to run . The big question is does it go through a computer ? I am going to check the relays , breakers and fuses today and if i dont find anything i will pass it on to someone. I pulled the ign switch yesterday and it seems to be ok.

  2. #2AllDodge2023-03-10 08:42

    If you mean none of the gauges work then mine will do that. I'll smack the dash panel and then it will wake up

  3. #3Old Doug2023-03-10 10:08

    The gages work but the headlights,heater fan and other stuff dosent.

  4. #4AllDodge2023-03-10 11:20

    I'm thinking a bad ground but not sure about your year