Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2004 International 4200 Engine Swap….need some advice

macbeth ยท 2013-12-20 23:44

Hi, I wonder if you guys could help me figure out if I can swap out my tired VT365 out of my 2004 International 4200LP and put in A DT466E in its place. I believe the 4200 has the same rating as the 4300. They have the same automatic transmissions. I wondered if I need the wiring harness ECM and other odds and ends to make it work. I was thinking of using a school bus as the donor engine. Also can I use any DT466E from 1994-2004( DT 466E: Introduced in 1994, added electronic control to previous, non-electronic DT 466, superseded by model year 2005-and-later DT 466 with variable geometry turbocharger ) if someone has done this swap or knows what I need to get to do it that would be greatly appreciated.

Replies0

No replies yet.