Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to reset ABS traction warning light???

John White ยท 2013-12-21 17:17

I have a 2002 FL70. I was driving it out of the shop the other day to get another vehicle in front of it. There was snow on the ground and I either hit the brakes or spun the tires a abs traction control light came on. How do I get this light to go off. I hit the brakes several times and turned the key off and on. Still remains on. Has air brakes if that makes any difference. Slack adjusters seem to all be set the same.

Replies3
  1. #1grandpa2013-12-21 17:35

    Disconnect the battery/batteries for thirty seconds or so and see if that reset's it.

  2. #2John White2013-12-21 18:51

    that was the next thing I was gonna try. Hope it works.

  3. #3vtdumptrucker2013-12-22 10:50

    Hold your foot on brake peddle with pressure and turn key on, you should hear the abs valves "popping" at each wheel usually will do it twice around , takes about 15 seconds , now start truck abs should be off. If not try this again , sometimes it takes a couple of times doing this.