I have a International 4200 that will not crank over with key. It just started and ran. Now it only energizes he starter relay and does not crank. It is not the starter because I can hot wire it and it will crank. All wiring looks good. On dash there is Check electrical system light on. I put new batteries in and all connections look good.
When you jump the starter solenoid does it run? Check for power on the load side of the starter relay terminals, If you have power try jumping the load side relay terminals (there is a diagram on the side of the relay), might just be the relay itself. I have chased connection issues in these under hood fuse/relay boxes, they tend to get corroded on the backside.
Truck does not start and run even when I jump the starter. I put in a new starter relay and does the same thing. I do feel the solenoid click when I turn the key to start position.
The starter relay gets it's ground through the engine ECM. If the engine ECM is not powering up either no key switch or battery power the engine will not crank. There should be an engine ECM fuse in the battery box make sure that circuit is good. There should be an ECM relay in the fuse box too. Terry
The ignition fuse was blown. Now the problem is the truck ill NOT turn off. All the gauges turn off it the key but the truck keeps running. Any ideas on this one? I tried new relays thinking maybe one was sticking on but still keeps running.
There are 2 ignition relays in the in cab fuse box. One of them could be stuck on. Terry
I changed those with a new one. Could it posibly be the 4 wire soleniod on the passenger side valve cover? I think its for the glow plugs? It looks like the wires got hot at one point because they are black.
Is there a power distribution box under the hood? If so there is a relay for the ECM it could be stuck on. Terry