I have transmission problem when the machine is cold it will operate normally but when it gets warmed up it feels almost like the parking brake is starting the engage if you shift to neutral or another gear it will let you move a couple feet then bind up again it does this in both forward and reverse I tried manually unlocking the parking brake no change any thoughts thanks in advance
it could be an internal leakage or maybe a electrical solenoid that is broken because it is temperature related
Is there a way to test the solenoids or do you just have try and replace them
you can measure the resistance of those solenoids, measure them when the machine is warmed up.
As I recall there is a short jumper electrical harness connector that plugs in from the main harness to the transmission harness. They used to cross short in the harness when they got old. Some times you can confirm the cross shorts with an ohmmeter but usually the dealer wrenches just carried one in the truck as a way to test the theory. When you put the unit in gear two clutch packs are locked up. When that harness goes bad you get three packs locked up and the machine doesn't move or does what you are describing. Good Luck!
I checked the resistance they measured the same I had to get a guage to mesure the pressure at pressure relief valve I am only getting just under 3 Mpa the book says it should be 5.9 Mpa
Internal leakage in trans pump or trans itself. How are torque converter pressures?
which pressures did you measured?
Torque pressure measure just under 1 mpa
I'm assuming it should be higher. Have you checked your filter and screener? The screener has magnets and would pick up any major peices. Clogged filter and such would cause very low pressures. May have a screen in tank as well blocking pump inlet. But if you got low pressure , especially when hot, at trans and t/c then I'd take a look at the trans pump flow rate or leakage. Should just be a gear pump, pretty good for wear but pressure plates will pit bad if there's lots of cavitation or aeration from low oil.
Finally get the dealer here to look at it they say it is the seals on the shaft once the compartment fills it is bleeding over to the other one so it is engaging both foward and reverse clutches at the same time
good you found something, when do you start with the repair of the transmission?