Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2004 NEW HOLLAND LB75.B INJECTION PUMP REMOVAL

toreed47 ยท 2023-06-07 14:04

NEW HOLLAND LB75.B S/N 031049943 with LUCAS DPS 203 PUMP Hi, can you tell me how to prepare the engine for pump removal? It,s the 445t/m2 engine the pump is mounted on the flywheel end of eng. . The pump is leaking fuel the real plate . Thanks for any help: Quote Reply Report

Replies5
  1. #1toreed472023-06-08 08:01

    I have a manual thats supposed to be for LB75.B but the pump is on the front of the engine mine mounts at the rear of the engine so the procedure is different.

  2. #2alrman2023-06-08 23:40

    This engine does NOT have a woodruff key to locate/time the pump shaft to timing gear. 1) You need to turn the engine to TDC. 2) There maybe a timing pin under the injector pump (some engines have them, some you need to purchase or make one) push the pin into the timing hole in the timing gear. 3) You need to lock the pump. 4) When you get your pump back from repair - it will be locked at the correct timing to install onto the engine. 5) You WILL need a puller (10mm plate with 2 holes in it) to remove the timing gear from the pump. 6) When installing the pump it is critical to torque the retaining nut for the timing gear. I have attached a section from a Case service manual for the same engine re this proceedure.

  3. #3toreed472023-06-09 05:49

    Thanks for the info. I hired a supposed to be mechanic I know he didn't lock the pump you can tell the bold has not had a wrench on it and the washer is still on it. Not sure he locked the engine TDC. I'm taking the pump to the repair shop today. If he didn't lock the eng at TDC before removing pump can you turn the eng and until the pin on the eng goes in the hole? If not how would you get it back in time? I wish I had tried to do it myself but in bad health and can't do much mechanic work anymore. I know this going to be a mess. I hope you or someone can help. Thanks

  4. #4alrman2023-06-09 22:53

    It's possible he positioned the engine & simply removed the pump, knowing that the repaired pump will be locked in timing position ..... hopefully.... If the engine is not in the correct position, you can still turn the engine slowly & engage the timing pin, but you will likely need to hold the loose injector pump timing gear to stop it jamming up in the gearcase. It's not ideal but can be done. With the engine at TDC, the pump must be fitted while still locked - just don't forget to 'unlock' it as soon as all the pump & gear retaining nuts are tightened.

  5. #5toreed472023-06-10 09:21

    Thanks for the help hopefully he did pin the engine. after he got it off I looked at it before taking to the pump shop. My book said it was a Lucas dps 203 but it a bosch pump . Thanks again