Can someone tell me the difference in the 580sk rear wheels? There is a difference in the rear wheels with 82 inch or the 90 inch front bucket width. One part # is 115489A1 (D144998} 82 inch bucket and the other 115490A1 (D144996) 90 inch bucket.. thx. Sam
I would say that the depth of the dish of the rims. But I'm not sure, maybe someone else with more knowledge will give you a better anwser.
The rear wheels need to be no wider than the bucket because there would be a problem in excavating in hard material and the tires are wider that the bucket. The narrower wheels would be ok with the wider bucket, but I wouldn't want tires extending beyond the cut of the bucket. Another example would be cleaning close to a wall or curb with the loader bucket. There will be a windrow left next to them if the tires are wider than the bucket.
Thank you Tinkerer. Makes sense. In my case then it wouldn't matter because most my work is field work. This should help me find a rear wheel (rim).Thanks again...Sam