I just recently bought one with enclosed cab and heat to help out my parents in the country with snow removal in comfort.Any good suggestions on attachments and sizes for it. I believe it's a 46 -50 HP.Also any pointers on maintenance intervals or helpful tips would be appreciated.Im waiting on the owners manual but I believe it had in the lift range of 1500 lbs
A good snow bucket that has a viewing area through the back of the bucket wit expanded metal or some thing similar to be able to see the front leading edge when the bucket is down. Some contractors around here doing snow removal use a blade but most will have snow buckets or if they can a snow blower.
if you are plowing a long driveway with the skid steer a plow is nice. it keeps the snow out of the way as you push...I do my own drive way with my bucket on a NH lx 565 (same as ls 170) and it works ok, but my drive way is short an I need to place an pile a lot of my snow to keep it out of the way. also a bucket can chew up gravel drive and lawn as well if your not careful, a plow set up has shoes and a float system can follow the contours of your drive surface and hopefully do less damage. I am welding up a quick attach plate to an old snow plow this winter for my skid steer so I can use it my house.....warm mittens and good boots are also good idea! haha!