Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2004 Snorkel TB60 – Throttle and Controls Questions

FLYWHEEL PRIME · 2026-01-05 14:44

I bought a manlift for what I consider to be dirt cheap, all things considered it is in decent shape. It starts immediately, all functions work, nothing horrible that needs repair other than a blown tire bead. I am not familiar with this engine control, I assumed I was looking at a fuel shutoff solenoid, but I think this is the throttle? The guy I bought it from has it pegged wide open, I have not investigated whether it works once the vice grip is removed (I assume not). Could anyone potentially explain what I need to investigate further upstream of this device to make it function correctly? I assume it is related, but there is a ground control and aerial control rheostat/pot knob removed, I think this was where the function speed was controlled?

Replies4
  1. #1FLYWHEEL PRIME2026-01-05 14:48

    Model is listed as TB-60RC4 Serial number is SP04007

  2. #2HarleyHappy2026-01-06 11:28

    Not familiar but the fuel shut off solenoid looks to be located at the top right of the pump. I believe you are correct that the vice grips and the mule tape seem to be pulling the throttle control.

  3. #3FLYWHEEL PRIME2026-01-10 12:48

    @HarleyHappy thanks for the response, just to confirm this circled piece in the back is the shutoff solenoid

  4. #4HarleyHappy2026-01-11 11:44

    I believe that is it. I am slightly confused on the routing and application on the mule tape. Can you picture it better or describe exactly how it’s hooked up?