Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2004 Takeuchi TL140 fuel stop solenoid

Barnlofter ยท 2022-02-26 15:15

I just bought a TL140. My first track loader. The last owner put a pull cable to the cab and bypassed the fuel stop solenoid. i would like to go back to all original set up. My first issue is accessing the lower right side of the engine where the kill cable goes and the fuel stop solenoid should be. Go through the belly pan? remove the muffler? Symptoms which may be unrelated: Stop solenoid relay clicks, Though that only happens when in slow speed. No console lights, no horn, or buzzer. Any help with my project would be greatly appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1bam19682022-03-01 11:03

    I think the best way to get at the stop solenoid would be from the bottom. Personally if the pull cable was installed even half way decent I would leave it on there. These are good machines but seem to be prone to electrical gremlins.

  2. #2Barnlofter2022-03-02 18:21

    Thanks for the info. I'm hoping by putting it back "factory" some of the other issues might clear up. The clicking of the stop relay drives me nuts and she seems not to want to go in slow speed,