Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota hitch cylinder slow

bigboytoy ยท 2022-02-25 19:47

This is the cylinder that locks bucket on to a Kubota svl 90 track loader. when Its cold it creeps. I have seen videos that indicate it should be moving much faster. Which leads me to believe it needs a new internal seal on the piston. So looking at the end of the cylinder that comes apart and I see no way to grip it. Has anyone got any advice on getting the head off of cylinder. It still works but will likely fail when I need it most.

Replies5
  1. #1Tyler d4c2022-02-25 20:30

    The oil in the little hoses is cold and thick you most likely have not got a problem at all

  2. #2James Sorochan2022-02-25 22:18

    My SVL 75-2 is very slow moving in the cold also. Much faster when it's warm. Make sure your bucket or attachment is clean with no frozen dirt or ice so everything is aligned properly when engaging cylinder pins.

  3. #3bigboytoy2022-02-26 06:41

    all good points gentlemen .... it is so slow that I have to rev the engine to get it to creep ... I still would like to put a new seal in ... has anybody done this particular type cylinder? there are other things it could be hoses could have problem they look kinked a little or the spoil in the valve is sticking..... or like you guys suggest there is nothing wrong. I am 66 and see the light at the end... lol

  4. #4bigboytoy2022-02-26 18:05

    How do I grip this cylinder head? drill holes for spanner wrench?

  5. #5materthegreater2022-02-26 20:39

    HeavyEquipmentForums I've been having a similar problem. But I don't think it's the cylinder in my case