My family has had this 2004 TK TB016 since around 2006. It’s low hours at around 1100hrs. But it been sitting for about the last 5yrs in a barn, and all the seals are leaking. I have already rebuilt the Boom, Arm, Bucket, and Swing cylinders. The Blade is next and should be easy, but the Track Spanner cylinder is also leaking pretty good. Looking at the part diagrams, it appears that in order to remove the cylinder from under the cab, I am going to have to remove the entire track assembly and the body slider bars to be able to extract the cylinder and rebuild it? Am I wrong? Is it possible somehow to pull the cylinder from under the cab without removing one of the entire track assemblies? If so, does anyone know if the hydraulic lines to the final drive are long enough to allow the track assembly to be removed without unhooking the Final Drive hoses? Any tricks or insights before I tackle this? Other than the leaking cylinders the beast is working good, I drained the old fuel, put in new filters and drained the hydraulic fluid and replaced before I fired it up. And overall I was surprised how well it all went other than these cylinders leaks.
No replies yet.