Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC30MR-5 Throttle Issue

PC30MR5 ยท 2026-03-26 11:00

Hi all, I have a new to me 2016 Komatsu PC30MR-5 excavator with 5900 hours. The issue that I am having is that when the hydraulic functions are operating the engine rpm is decreasing. More noticeable with the track functions. It pretty much goes to idle when the tracks are operated. The machine starts, idles and high rpm is smooth. I have changed the fuel filter and cleaned out the water separator filter. Throttle dial and auto idle works as it should. Seems to me like the engine is not governing ? or I have read up on the PC control circuit valve adjustment that seems to correct for low engine speed when functions applied. I have also checked for codes there is one there that is B1212 which is the Rack Actuator Abnormality (Low) but the last one was at 5699 Hrs. Has anyone on here experienced the same issue ? Thank you

Replies0

No replies yet.