Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2005 287 B Skidsteer

Remote · 2023-04-20 16:23

Hello , I don’t know this issue has been addressed . My husband bought an old skid steer In hard shape. He thinks he needs an idler replaced and he want to replace the tracks . We down loaded a manual that I found online and doesn’t explain either activities . My question is where can I get a manual that explains repairs like we need.

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2023-04-20 16:54

    First the correct manual has to be identified. That needs the machine Serial Number.

  2. #2Remote2023-04-20 18:01

    Thank you for the reply ! Serial number is CAT287BVZSA01741.

  3. #3Nige2023-04-20 19:48

    The appropriate Service Manual for that Serial Number is Caterpilar Publication reference RENR4880. None of the sellers of g enuine manuals make them available for download from the internet. They are available either in paper form (all 15 pounds of it @ $760) or as pdf files on a CD ($540). Numbers in parentheses are new prices. You may find used versions available cheaper online.

  4. #4Remote2023-04-20 19:55

    Thank you