Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2005 310G- How do I take off electric parking brake if switch is not responding?

USAMXCAT ยท 2014-03-04 11:14

The parking brake switch to my 310G is not responding and I can't get the wheel unlocked. The machine starts great but can't get it to budge because it indicates that the parking brake is on even though I hit the switch back and forth and nothing. I have the machine on neutral and try to go forward or reverse and the machine wont budge. I checked the fuse box but that wasn't it. Is there any other way where I can manually turn it off. I really need to move this machine. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Xvator2014-03-04 17:34

    I had the same problem and ended up replacing the switch and it worked fine. I used w-40 on it the first time it happened and it worked for a couple weeks, maybe that will help you. If you pulled the switch and hot wired it it may let you move it. Otherwise the bolts are in the brake housing with a set nut. you loosen the nut and screw the bolts in and it releases the brake without the machine running. hope that helps, Im not a mech but I have to fix my own stuff when in a jam.

  2. #2JackDeere2014-03-04 22:42

    If you have the earlier G model transmission with the control valve on top the problem may be a plugged transmission vent. Located on the top of the bell housing to the left side. When the transmission vent is plugged thermal expansion causes the transmission oil to be forced out the dip stick tube. The transmission pressure releases the park brake. When the transmission gets low on oil the first thing that goes is the park brake. If you release the park brake manually be sure to tighten the release bolts EVEN, as not to damage the park brake piston.