2005 650K Series 2 Cab & Air The air stopped Working on a job. The next day I replaced the Compressor, Dryer and the Pressure Switch, but that did not fix the problem. I was told to replace the Expansion Valve. I purchased the part, but I cannot find where it goes. Can anyone help?
Look where the a/c lines come into the evaporator core.
Welcome to HEF, David, I hate to say this but you should quit throwing expensive parts at it. Have a knowledgeable tech look at it. The parts book doesn't show the expansion valve anywhere that I could find. Here is a page in the book you could start searching. https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/c...oning/cn/B4538F74-8FBF-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6 On that page there are two boxes -- PREVIOUS and NEXT click on them and it will toggle back and forth thru the pages.
If you can connect your gauges and take a picture while the engine is running and the a/c turned on. I can tell what is likely wrong with your a/c. Need a picture of the low side and the high side.
The expansion valve is under the cab. Jack the cab up and remove evaporator cover and you will see it in lower corner. A real pain to get to. Item 18 prt# 76049691 or 18A prt# 86505792 is your expansion valve.
Yeah dont throw parts at it, you will go broke LOL Was the system vacced when it was recharged?
Thank you so much! This is very helpful!
Yes the system was vacuumed. Thanks
Thank you Paul, I will take a picture tomorrow if the rain stops. I appreciate the information.
What were your symptoms exactly? We’re having some trouble with our 850L. Seems like the air doesn’t work at all at idle but when you’re running it, it’s fine. We vacuumed the refrigerant out and replaced to make sure it was spot on and it’s still doing the same thing. In fact it even quit while running it so I’m not sure what to think now.
Not sure how your system is set up, but it sounds to me that you are not cooling across the condenser. And possibly tripping the high pressure sensor. Again I don't know what set up you have. Take pictures of your gauges when it's working and when it quits. Both the high side and low side. And post it here and I can possibly point you in the right direction.
Some systems ie, komatsu bump the low pressure or high pressure 3x in one key cycle, it disables the A/C . Volvo's ATC does something very similar. I would assume Case would follow suit, since the tree huggers and EPA kinda dictate how inconvenient our lives must be. I'm willing to bet you have a red dot system rebadged as CNH. By the way, did you verify heater flow was not affecting the air temp? Sometimes the blend door gets hung up with god knows what.
Well, that one doesn't have a blend door. It has a hot water valve.
Part number 18A is the thermostatic switch, not sure what 18 is but I think 19 might be the expansion valve. Before you discharge it I would verify wether or not the compressor is kicking in or not and what the static pressure in the system is or what the high side and low side pressures are if the compressor does kick on. If the pressures are good with the compressor on then make sure the water valve is shutting or shut the valves on the heater hoses at the motor if it has them. If it is not kicking on then it could be the pressure switch, the thermostatic switch in the evaporator, the fuse or relay that controls the clutch or a wiring problem in there somewhere. If the pressures are not right when the compressor is on then it could be the expansion valve.
It stopped blowing cool air.
I'd like to start at the beginning. My No cold air steps: 1.Verify compressor activation B.Verify pressure numbers So, initial analysis was? Did compressor engage? What were the pressures?
My apologies you are correct 19 is the expansion valve instead of 18 or 18A.
While we’re on the subject, Iam having trouble identifying the expansion valve on sis for our 950H JAD02141. I’ve been talking to my ac man on the phone and we think this is the likely culprit so I would like to have one here before he travels out.
If I remember correctly. That is built into the receiver dryer.
950H doesn't utilize an expansion valve.
Hmm, well the problem is one of the hoses is icing up here where they enter the cab but the ac is not getting cold inside. The sis page of the interior components shows valve assemblies as part of these couplings. A potential for blockage here perhaps?
Low refrigerant can cause icing.
My B series excavators used poppet style quick couplings on the drier. Could these be couplings to allow cab removal without loss of refrigerant?
‘Twas the receiver dryer.