Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2005 Bobcat 341 mini-x

jm62 ยท 2009-10-04 00:27

I am looking at purchasing a bobcat 341 mini x, can anyone give me their experience with one of these machines. I have never run one and know very little about one so your input would be greatly appreciated. I also have a chance to buy a bobcat 430g for about the same money not sure which way to go or even to go with a bobcat. I currently own a JD250 with hv capacity and do mostly salvage work with it but am getting more and more calls for dirt work. I grew up farming and doing work for other farmers and in saying that I have found nothing that I can't drive and operate with a little time. Don't get me wrong I am no expert on any machine and will never claim to be because when you think your that good someone will let the air out of your head so it will fit back in the cab. No matter how good you think you are there is someone (usually some old timer) shows you how little you really know.

Replies3
  1. #1jm622009-10-04 01:02

    2005 Bobcat 341 mini x Something I probably ought to mention is that I am a pretty good sized (according to my kids and grandkids) old man. I don't know the cab capacity but I have no problem fitting in a JD250 but I tried to fit in a bobcat 753 and couldn't get the safety bar past my belly. Please, any imput other than diet plans would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2spitzair2009-10-04 11:20

    I used a Bobcat 341 some years ago, I loved it. It's about a 12000 lb machine if I remember right. It had great power, stability and a roomy cab. I'm no shrimp myself and I had no problems getting in and out of the cab. In my oppinion it's one of the best machines out there. How many hours are on the one you're looking at? When you give it a test run check to see how much play is in the linkages and of course the condition of the undercarriage. Is it rubber or steel tracks? The one I used had steel tracks... I tried a 435 as well and while it was also a very nice machine, I felt it didn't have the stability the 341 had... Hope this helps a little...

  3. #3jm622009-10-04 12:21

    Spitzair, thanks for the response. It is about a 12,000 lb machine on rubber tracks w/ around 1000 hrs on it and the machine is an '05.