I recently bought a 2005 Cat 216b. Machine runs great, only issue is when you hit the parking brake button to release, the beeping alarm speeds up a little and does not shut off. I have checked all fluid levels, traced down the wiring and cannot find the issue. The one wiring harness plug i found unplugged went to a sensor near the air cleaner. I plugged it back in but that didn't help. Also in the fuse box by your feet, the #1 slot for fuses looks to accommodate a square 40 amp fuse, but that is missing. Could this be the problem??
A Serial Number (probably RLLxxxxx) gets you an electrical schematic. Probably the best way to find out what's supposed to be connected where.
RLL02319 is the serial number. All the wiring looks to be connected
I sent you the schematic. Here's the graphic for the fuse/relay panel. When you mentioned "square" are you referring to a relay by any chance.? Fuses (2) Finger Trigger for the Work Tool (3) Front Work Lights (4) Rear Work Lights (5) Left Tail Lamp (6) Right Tail Lamp (7) Spare (8) Backup Alarm (9) Cold Start (10) Radio (11) Spare (12) Spare (13) 12 volt power socket (14) Hydraulic Quick Coupler (15) Wiper (16) Auxiliary Hydraulic ECM (17) HVAC Blower Fan and the Solenoid for the Compressor (18) Fuel Shutoff solenoid (19) Interlock ECM (20) Beacon (21) Gauges (22) The fan for the air conditioner condenser (23) Ignition Switch (24) Miscellaneous Power (25) Horn (27) Auxiliary Hydraulic C- (28) Auxiliary Hydraulic C+ (29) Auxiliary Tools (30) Auxiliary Electrical Control C1 (33) Spare (34) Auxiliary Electrical Control C2 Relays (1) Finger Trigger for the Work Tool (26) Auxiliary Hydraulic C-Solenoid (31) Auxiliary Electric Control C1 (32) Auxiliary Hydraulic C+Solenoid (35) ECM signal for the Auxiliary Hydraulic C+ and the Auxiliary Hydraulic C- (36) Auxiliary Electric Control C2
When you said in your OP that "the beeping alarm speeds up a little" do you mean that it is also beeping before you press the park brake switch to release it.? It shouldn't be unless you have a fault. When you first turn on the key do all the warning lights and the beeper do their test then stop.? I'd be surprised if a machine of that age still has an Operation Manual with it. You could probably do with one, they can be downloaded from Cat for around $50.
Yes when you start the machine, it is beeping even before releasing the parking break, once you realse the parking break, the beeping speeds up a little bit
I think it's probably going to require Cat ET hooked up to identify what Diagnostic Codes are present before you can go any further. Try this though........ turn on the key switch. The warning lights on the panels (2 blocks of six lights in each block) should self-test. Do they all work.? If they do all work, do any of them stay on or go off and immediately come back on again once you start the engine but before you press the park brake release switch.?
I had a CAT service guy hook up his computer. It didn't have any codes. I will do what you advised with the lights, I think a few of the lights on the right side do not light up
I had a weird thing going on with the temp light and buzzer coming on and off for no reason. Ended up being a bad ground. Was a 252B