Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2005 cat 305 no hydraulics!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!

Farmtruck ยท 2016-10-07 08:19

Hi there. Just got done replacing engine. Next problem is no hydraulics. Nothing moves all cab controls dead including tracks. When I move the armrest switch with the engine running I hear and can feel a valve clicking. Part number 191-1390x-2. I am thinking this is the pilot interlock solenoid but not sure. Also when this is energized by depressing the armrest switch I can see hydraulic hoses jumping so I'm pretty sure the pump is running. I also replaced the plastic pump coupler which bolts to the engine flywheel when I reinstalled engine. Fluid level is good in sight glass on side of hydraulic tank also. Any help greatly appreciated as I am trying to work on Machine over the weekend. Thanks.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2016-10-07 10:25

    There are actually 2 solenoid valves in that 191-1390 manifold, one for the pilot lockout and the other for the 2-speed. Maybe what you are hearing/feeling is not the pilot lockout deactivating..? I don't know if it is physically possible to swap the connectors for the 2 solenoids but it's something you could investigate. The wires in the machine harness for the pilot lockout are pink & black and for the 2-speed they are grey & black. The diagram below is looking down on to the manifold from above. The pilot lockout solenoid is the one on the left of the illustration.

  2. #2Farmtruck2016-10-09 21:27

    Thanks Nige. I going to try to replace the pilot lock out solenoid this week.

  3. #3Farmtruck2016-10-14 08:19

    Replaced the lock out solinoid last night. Still no hydraulics. Athe the bottom of the manifold there are two letters T and P. I may have reversed those two hoses when I fixed a hydraulic leak while motor was being rebuilt. Is it possible this is why I have no hydraulic functions? Not sure what those letters even mean. Thanks.

  4. #4lantraxco2016-10-14 11:39

    P=pressure T=Tank typically.....

  5. #5Farmtruck2016-10-18 00:05

    Update. Hydraulics are now working. Did have two hoses reversed at the manifold. Thank you for your knowledge and help. Going to attempt to move machine over the weekend for the first in 5 months.