2005 Cat 420d'it Slow front bucket lifting She's a 2005 so that rules out a resolver issue and pilot valves. I'm thinking its a solenoid issue. anyone out there have this problem? know how to fix it? Thanks Harry Doucette
hey harry what is the serial#.... I did one of these a year or so ago, but need to read up on it again.....
I have the same issue on my 416C sn 5yn6433. Can be aggrevating.
Harry, not related to your question but there are Doucette's near me and your in Canada. Are you in NS by any chance?
Serial: cat0420dvdln. I'm in Newfoundland. My dad was from turo ns. Where are you?
Hi Harry, I'm sorry I don't have any info to help you with your slow loader issue. I am located at the other end of NS near Yarmouth. We don't even have any snow to push here. It's actually 6 C here today. I'm sure global warming is actually happening. The most snow we have had at once here in the last 3 years is 2". Hard to believe I know. Hope someone with Cat knowledge replies soon.
Hey Jake, I think your serial should be a CAT420DVBLN.... correct? That still has the resolver network. Your trouble will most likely be there if you are familiar with it?
Harry,,, had the same problem with my 420D.... took the control stick apart and there was a small piece of red plastic wedged in there,,, have no idea where it came from as it looked like nothing else in the controller,,, It had work fine for two years and then one day, it didn't.... has been two years since and no problems... good luck Gramps.
Not the resolver. When's through all the trouble shooting for that. Now the ride control has issues, it might be this nitrogen filled pressure switch for the ride control that's causing it. I'll let y'all know. She's poor design. All the air from the blower go's up around all the switches getting them all full of dust. Flat out with electrical problems...
Nothing to do with the ride control. We have the hydrolic shut off not working would that be part of it?
You happen to know Brian and Bonnie Doucette?
Sorry no I don't.
I think where the hydrolic shut off gave out, a valve is stuck half open. What do guys think?
Hi. Did you find out what it was? Stuck solenoid or valve stuck partway open?