Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2005 John Deere 200C Radio cutting in and out??

Omega88 ยท 2012-04-18 14:19

At work I run the above mentioned machine. It just has an am/fm radio, and for whatever reason the radio will have nothing, and then all of a sudden the radio will just kick in with sound clear as day, then it will just kick out. If you shut off the machine it won't work when you fir it back up again. I was thinking it was a bad ground, as it kicks in and out from time to time, but if you turn up the volume you can hear static, so I have full time power, and the display is always on. Any thoughts on what it could be?

Replies2
  1. #1Phill2012-04-18 23:32

    may wanna check your ant. wire, could be loose or what not, if you are hearing static that could be no signal getting to the head unit of your radio

  2. #2justafarmer2012-04-19 00:16

    or bad coax