Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2005 New Holland LB75B

bassn5150 · 2025-07-01 23:27

After a few months of hunting for a machine to keep on the farm, I found one that fit in the budget. Hopefully it’ll handle the chores around the place. It’ll be relatively light duty and just use it as needed. The machine has 3300 hrs and seems fairly tight. I’ve spent the last few days changing fluids and greasing. One thing thats kind of a bonehead deal, it has heat and air. Or, I should say had. Something must have gone wrong with the compressor because the previous owner took the compressor off. Brackets and all. Even cut the AC lines and tied them out of the way. But, that wasn’t a deal breaker. Otherwise, I’ll start putting a few hours on it and see what happens. And yea, I know it says LB90 on the boom. It must have been changed out sometime during its life.

Replies6
  1. #1aighead2025-07-02 06:46

    Looks just like my 2004 model, though much cleaner inside! Mine came with about 4000 hours on it, I think. Mine has been a beast of a machine and has treated me very well. If you don't have them already, or an equivalent, look into making use of the forks you can attach to your hooks on the loader bucket, they are mighty handy in conjunction with a cheap backup camera so you can see where you are forking. Can I ask what you gave for it? Mine was about $24k in 2019, if I'm not mistaken.

  2. #2bassn51502025-07-02 08:47

    Ironically, $24k is what I gave for this machine.

  3. #3NH575E2025-07-02 09:27

    Congrats on the new hoe! Pretty clean looking machine. I see you have the flippable stabilizer pads. I'm not sure how they are supposed to work but I ended up putting short chains around mine to keep the dirt side down. Sucks they tossed the AC compressor bracket. I would go back to them to see if they had it laying around. My 575E was missing the compressor. The bracket that is on it looks homemade. I found a NOS bracket through a dealer but it was super pricey. I bought a generic compressor off eBay and had to fenagle and shim the mount to get it to line up fairly straight. I ended up using an idler pulley for a 95 Mustang GT to tension the belt. My bracket wasn't perfect on the first go round and I actually broke the first new compressor when I tightened it down. Needed one more shim washer. My hoses weren't cut but they all turned out to be bad. They would seep refrigerant out the walls of the hose. I had to replace all of them. I pulled the seat and cleaned out the AC evaporator and heater core. I found a NOS temp control on eBay and also bought a new expansion valve from an AC dealer on there. I think the expansion valve used is a common unit. I used a thermostat for an old Ford truck but didn't document the part number for some reason. I blocked off the fresh air inlet at the back so mine just recirculates.

  4. #4Swetz2025-07-02 12:00

    Congrats bassn, on the new to you machine! I think you will find the machine very acceptable for work around the homestead. As far as the ac, as NH575E stated above, see if the seller has the old compressor laying around. If not, I would search up a salvage yard for tractors and see if you could purchase the compressor, brackets and all. If that is a no go, cobble up some brackets and a generic compressor as NH575E has done. I wouldn't be in a rush to do that tho. Give her some hard work to make sure all is good prior to spending the $$ on the ac. My ac doesn't work, and I have never fixed it, but in NEPA, it isn't that hot, and I am not in the cab 8 hours a day 5 days a week so I am fine with it...Heat is more important, where I am at, and works...LOL

  5. #5Badco2025-07-02 13:19

    Good looking machine bassn Never had air in any machine i had have good wind flow anyway Ran my 555Xl for 22 years contracting lots over 10 hour days Now with the 575e same thing no air no problem air conditioning only makes me sick anyway Up north where i am summer only few weeks long best of luck with the machine bound to be a few surprise

  6. #6aighead2025-07-02 14:35

    Mine theoretically has a/c and heat, the a/c doesn't seem to do much and the heat blows a little but like Swetz I'm not usually out in it for that long and for cool I have a little battery op fan I can hang if I'm not getting a breeze. Sounds like you got a great deal for 24k, everything I've seen has gone up like crazy, but I also haven't looked for a couple years.