Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580K hydraulic issue

6ft5teddybear ยท 2025-06-30 15:57

Hello all, I have an 89' Case 580K 2wheel drive 4 cyl Diesel backhoe. I use it on a farm for general purpose. Recently I noticed while pulling trees that there was fine mist hydraulic fluid coming from under the chassis. It only happens when the Hydraulics are pushed to the bypass limit. It appears to be coming from the bellhousing between the torque converter and the shuttle transmission. It only discharges when the hydraulics are up against the bypass pressure valve. Would this be an issue with the seal for the charge pump? The tractor still drives and forward and reverse. All Hydraulics appear to be working properly.

Replies2
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2025-07-05 21:48

    The charge pump in the torque converter has nothing to do with the backhoe hydraulics. I'd look for a line that is rubbed against the bell housing.

  2. #2Billrog2025-07-06 12:01

    I once had to replace a high pressure line on a 580K in that area it was a bear to get loose requiring an offset wrench. It's a 4 wire short hose if I remember right and if that's your problem be sure to have the new one made exactly the right length and it will go back on very easy.