Need some help here. I got a 2005 new holland ls140 I just purchased. It has 740 hrs on it and was garage kept, used personally On property very nice clean machine. Any way I was using it today all day, and I lost all power to right side drive. I can move joy stick but no movement, I did try to creep it back into my shop but there was a lot of grinding noise so I stopped. Left side is fine and machine will go forward and back. Any ideas on issues or heard of this before? I will be tearing into it tomorrow just want to be prepared. TIA
Sounds like chain or sprocket.
Is this difficult to replace? I am some what mechanically inclined but new to equipment aspect
I am not sure, there should be a good sized access plate between the tires. Should at least be able to access that inspection cover and see what is going on. One this is certain, turning a wrench on any skid steer is never that easy.
You were right, out of the three chains the inner most (smallest chain) broke. I cleaned everything out, got all dirt etc out, put new chain on and new oil in. I put the drive gears back into the machine and was able to tighten those outter two chains by moving the gear housing back with the adjustable slots in the housing. However the inner most chain (the one I replaced) is on both sprockets but is pretty loose and does need to be tightened. I looked every where and can not find a way to tighten it. Do you have Any ideas. TIA.
I don't have any specific knowledge on that machine. If you can track down a spec on how much tension is appropriate that would be the best way forward. Maybe a call to the service manager of your NH dealer would help with that. If the chain replacement was correct and the sprocket isn't overly worn it might just run more loose.
Thank you for your help I will call the dealer tomorrow