I had to change my fuel filters, they had moisture in them. I am having a tough time bleeding the air out of the system. The primary filter does not have a pump. I filled the secondary filter upon installation. Just can't seem to gett he air out of it long enough for it to catch it's breath & run. Any idea's, hints or tried & true meothds?
I haven't worked on one of these machines. I'm assuming it has a Perkins engine? If so, does it have a manual fuel pump lever on the fuel lift pump?
I wish it had a fuel pump, but I see known on the engine...just a plate on the left side. I am considering just putting a temp pump on it to force out the air. I am not a genius, but to me this seems such a poor design.
Again, I don't know anything about your particular machine. I'm just assuming it has a Perkins engine since it's a Terex machine. But regardless of what engine it is, I'd be real surprised if it didn't have some form of lift pump for the fuel system, you just don't see many gravity feed engines nowdays. Can you post some pics of the machine and the engine?
It is a Perkins engine. If thre is a fuel pump assist it is well hid or I am blind. It is not a gravity feed. It has a Delphi inj. pump.
Could you tell us what model the engine is?
Fuel priming Hi Guy's, New to forum. I have a couple of cats that i used to have problems priming. If you crack the filters just a little and take a air line, stick it in the fuel tank and hold a rag over it. A couple of pounds of air pressure is all you need, it will fill your filters and prime all in one. Hope this helps!
I will give it a shot...I did use air & could not get it to run right. It seems to run if I hold pressure into the tank, but acts as if it wont pull the fuel over. Engine: 5PKXL04.4R61 Type: 2164 / 2200
Wound up taking off the first filter. hooked line up to the secondary filter under the fuel pump... Problems solved. For what ever reason the pump did not have enough umph to pull it over through the high mounted filter. This winter I am going to put back the other filter with a self prime type filter base.
we have a 05 760B as well and it has a electric fuel pump, When you change the filters you just leave the key on for about 3 min with the filters done up tight and itd should prime its self
That may just be the trick I needed. When I get it back to town I am going top put back on the additional filter. Thanks
hi auction what few perkins engines i have are in a 300 ,280 and 2 110 hysters all with primer pumps under turbo ..sounds like it sucking air ..if it wouldnt prime its self with a eletric fuel pump