Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 530ck questions

stevecas ยท 2010-09-28 13:31

Lots of questions from someone new to backhoes. To start I have a 60's vintage 530CK with a backhoe. Bothvcylinders that swing the boom started leaking. Can I remove them without removing the backhoe? Thanks Steve

Replies1
  1. #1TheCASEguy2010-10-05 11:32

    Here is what I do... Keep the backhoe in the upright locked position. Remove all pressure from all backhoe circuits. Remove the swing cyl hoses so the backhoe can swing back and forth if you were to push it by hand side to side. This will cause a oil to come out of the hoses when moved so be prepared to catch all that oil if possible. Remove the rod end pins and leave the tube end pins in. Get a gland wrench and loosen the gland from the tube. Pull the rod, gland and piston all out at once. Re-pack seals complete.