I bought this backhoe in Poulsbo, Wa. It was disabled on the sellers property with a chewed ring gear on the flywheel. I pulled the transmission and flywheel and installed a new ring gear and starter and it fired right up. Changed the filters and drove it home. I’m going to muddle through the repairs on this thread and ask some questions, and if anyone can help me, jump on in!! Thank you.
I found a really helpful parts manual from a guy in Australia. So far, I’ve ordered: Switches, cables, many electrical connectors, fuse panel, wear pads, grease fittings, bolts, lever knobs(all of them) , F/R switch, 4wd switch, turn signal switch, headlights, bucket teeth, all the hydraulic seals (I had to order 45 of them minimum quantity) brake master cylinders, emergency brake pads and lever, I’m still looking for many things just to have spare.
Question #1. my loader valve has a connector on the bottom of it. I think it’s for the float but the harness has bare wires and the connector is torn out of the bottom.. I don’t even know what this connector looks like. Would anyone be willing to take their connector out and take a few photos of the connector from several different angles? I’ll have to order one after I figure out which one it is. Thank you for any help You can provide.
Some of the steel step material is bent up and I couldn't find a perfect match anywhere. I figured it would probably take me longer to round up the plasma cutter and look way crappier than I would like, so I drew it in cad and ordered some pieces to be laser cut from Send-Cut-Send. Six pieces were ~100.00 us (which is way cheaper than the amount of time I would have wasted making them.) I also made a transmission flex plate inspection window cover. Here are the files for anyone who needs them. I ordered 4 covers if anyone needs one.
#1 For now I have found a solution for the connector on what I believe is the float valve. I ordered them from ebay, and they fit and lock onto the connector but i don't believe they are the original connector style. They will work for a while to get this item functioning.
Item #2 Battery Box repair. Here is a "before" photo of the battery box. The lid is in just as rough a shape with just as much damage to the steps. I measured the steel items that need to be replaced and had them laser cut. I waited till they arrived and I test fitted them and compared them before I posted the cad files here. They came out great and so here are the photos and the CAD files for them. I had them cut from .250 Material... that seems to be just a hair (two or three sheets of paper) thicker than the original material.
Item #4 fold over forks. I don’t have a set of fold over forks but would like to have some.. does anyone have a set locally (within 2 hours of Seattle) I’d like to come measure them and make a set or buy them. Or if you wouldn’t mind making measurements of them if you are further away. (I would need a few very specific measurements of the assembly so I could draw them in CAD)
Could the connector be for a return to dig function that puts the bucket level?
Yes sir, it certainly could be. I will troubleshoot that circuit next. I don't actually know what wire is hanging down. I think the float function is not working on this machine also and so it could definitely be either since both are not functioning.
Wear Pads arrived. Mine doesn’t need them yet and I had to buy two sets to make it worth the shipment from overseas. So I have one set I’d part with.
Item #2 I got the box off to the sandblaster, it came out super sweet. Fit and welded on the new supports and tread pieces that were cut out from the files above. (they were a great match to the ones that are on the machine) Then got a few coats of Por-15 base and top coat on it. I will look for an off the shelf close match for the dark grey paint color instead of the por15 light grey. I did use topcoat but it was just way too light.
Item #2. New battery hold down, New T-handle(bolted in, instead of welded), New battery disconnect switch, New hinges(much heavier duty) stainless steel hardware, New grade 8.8 zinc bolts to mount to the machine. Still working on the top.