Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2006 ASV SR80 – overflow for hydraulics & mechanic needed..

kckc ยท 2017-08-19 15:14

somewhere or someone told me that if I overfilled the hydraulic oil it would come out some overflow somewhere. I overfilled it today - when I say overfilled I just mean it is full to the top but not flowing out that top, but it is likely overfull via the site glass (which I can't see through - hence the overfilling). I overfilled in an effort to make sure low oil wasn't causing my mower to not work (different post) and then when I used it today I have oil running down the left arm. pretty good amount and appears steady, not gushing but is there any chance it's the overflow or have I now got a leaking hose in that arm? Thanks for any help.... AND still looking for a mechanic here in Lincoln County, NC if you guys know one.

Replies3
  1. #1Tones2017-08-19 17:22

    Yep it's the overflow if the oil is comming out of the arm at the bend and beside the crowd ram.

  2. #2kckc2017-08-20 08:55

    Before I get absolutely overjoyed at your answer, you are positive, absolutely positive? I only ask because another guy told me it would only overflow at the top where it was poured ?? But I really really like your answer better.

  3. #3Tones2017-08-20 22:14

    If you lift the arms you will see a small plate about 1.5 x 1 ins welded to the underside. That is the overflow vent. It caught me out when is saw oil comming out of it, thought ***.