Going to travel to dealership on Tuesday to look at a 2006 case 590 sm2 4x4 loader/backhoe with 1100 hrs. It has heat, air, pilot controls, x-hoe, rear quick coupler, ride control, 24" bucket, aux hydraulics and states it has no shuttle which I assume means powershift. It will be used to clear tree stumps, tear out fence, bury several small concrete foundations, bury tree piles and in the future used to install drainage tile connections. I have only used mini excavators in the past, so this in new territory for me. Reason for case is local dealer support and recommendations by local construction contractors. Is the powershift reliable and a benefit over the shuttle shift? Any thing particular to 2006 model year that is a problem? Is the 590 a major benefit over the 580?(tried researching model differences and it becomes rather confusing). Does this model and year have the cummins or iveco engine? Sorry for all the questions, but I have waited a very long time to able to afford one and have too many jobs needing attention to put it off any longer. Any and all info, no matter how inconsequential will be greatly appreciated.
Hi North1 Please use these links: http://www.casece.com/en_anz/Gallery/Downloads/xPM_LB_590SM_S2/CCE_LB_590SuperMS2_SS.pdf http://www.casece.com/en_anz/Gallery/Downloads/xPM_LB_590SM_S2/CCE_LB_Series2_FullLineBrochure.pdf
I love case hoes but have only messed with one m series and that was just to weld a hole shut in the a/c condenser. I know that there are a TON of m's and n's in my area I have a 590 turbo which is the same years as the k series and those were 30% bigger. I can pick up 8k with the loader without any problems. I have a header carrier that slides on the forks and can pick up a 30' 1020 case platform or an 863 8 row case corn head without any issues. I made a quick attach for mine and use the heck out of it. Since mine is a farm hoe it goes from forks to bucket to bale spear constantly. Digging tree stumps it has enough power that with the outriggers down and the back tires off the ground I can pick up the front of the machine if I get hooked on a root. I also load super sacks of seed into my seed Wagon with the hoe. It is so much easier to just run a chain through the eyes and around the back of the bucket. Just to test things out I pushed the hoe all way out including the extention and swung it to the side and I can still lift them so that is 2k off the side as far out as the machines can reach. I am sure they have only made improvements to the m2 Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
In this machine installed Iveco F4GE engine with mechanical bosch VE fuel pump
I guess one of my major concerns before looking at it is the powershift transmission. Have read of problems with it during my research, but then I guess I have read of problems with deere and cat powershifts too. Just know that is one area you can't always test fully when demoing. Purchased a mfwd tractor used that seemed solid but a year later ended up plunking down over $10,000 into the powershift transmission and it left a sour taste in my mouth. Have had a couple tractors since, though and they have been great. They were purchased new, however, and I don't abuse equipment. Just would like to hear some good reports on cases' powershift before I go to much further.
The Super L and first series of M were better machines. The Iveco on the series 2 is tempermental starting in the cold. I think the cummins are more responsive. Regardless the 590super M series 2 are good machines. Personally I would stay away from that model with powershift. The 590 has a larger front bucket, tires, stabilizers, and boom. Plus 5 more hp. A 580 will do everything a 590 will just about but the extra size helps for certain applications.
Well, bit the bullet and purchased unit. Just waiting for a thumb attachment that I ordered and it should be delivered this week. Loader/backhoe has standard transmission and cummins engine. Little play in backhoe but not much as loader was used most of the time. Very well taken care of and maintained. Service records from dealership show no warranty work done and nothing but standard maintenance (oil and filter changes). Will be delivered for free and dealer is local and very, very good to deal with. Should last my lifetime, as I am very anal about taking care of my equipment. Thanks for all the info and replies.