I recently purchased a 2006 CAT 320CLU with 6700 hrs and it arrived yesterday afternoon. I noticed monitor was not functioning at all but the radio and ac/heat controls were. I had done some searching on this forum for possible fixes. I have a single 12 pin connector going into the back of my monitor with another 2 pin connector at the top of the display. The fuses test good and I have 24vdc at the fuse panel. Trying to figure out which wires I need to test for power on the harness for the monitor. Serial # is CAT0320CEPAC01086. Thanks
130 Red is battery permanent + 169 Pink is battery switched + 201 Black is ground The green and brown are for the data link The other pink is for the light. I'm not sure what's going on with the two pin plug, it doesn't show up on the schematic. If you find that you've lost one of the power feeds or the ground, I'll give you quick tip. Remove the floor mat and plastic panels on the right hand side below the monitor. That's where the harness runs and it has a connection there with one of those cheap automotive type multi pin spade connectors instead of a nice Deutsch connector. Water gets in there and causes corrosion.
hope this helps
Thanks, I will try that. I'm having trouble getting prongs in to connector and am not sure if I'm getting a good ground........
I was able to get 24 volts on terminal 1 only when I cycled the key on. Although how I understand from the diagram above, the 103 Red should be constant power. My connector going into the back of the monitor shows.... top: 1 - red (getting 24 volts on it when cycling key to on pos) 2 - brown 3 - black/white stripe going to 2 pin connector which attaches at top of monitor 4 - yellow 5 - blank 6 - green bottom: 7 - blank 8 - blank 9 - red with white stripe going to 2 pin connector which attaches with black/white stripe at top of monitor 10 - blank 11 - black 12 - white
I was also wondering if someone was able to look up the serial # on my machine and could see when and where it might have had service? Thanks for all the info.
The reason your wires don't correspond with the schematic colours is because the wires you can have in your hand are actually the uncoloured ones between connector H and the monitor. Connector H will be the one I mentioned above. Get access to that and the schematic will make sense.
Cm, are you referring to Connector 25 in the top left corner of the diagram above as Connector H..? Another thing to look out for would be the 892 Brown and 893 Green Datalink wires which are always a twisted pair. That's what Note A refers to in Mark's diagram above.
Yep, fair enough. The unnamed connector at the end of harness H then. The schematic gives the impression that there is a short flying lead from the monitor when in reality it is a separate harness about four feet long which joins under the floor mat.