Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2006 D3G LGP lll

Tommjr ยท 2017-04-16 10:10

Looking at purchasing this machine. It has 2720 hrs on it. Just wondering if anyone here is familiar with this machine? It has a 3046T engine and the S/N is BYR01559. I have been renting a new D3K2 from the local dealer and they quit putting this size machine in rental inventory due to most guys want D5's and the dealer cannot get the ROI they want. I cannot afford the 2015 D3K2 so I am on to the next best thing. This machine looks very clean and the UC is about 70%. Just curious if certain years and engine models pose specific problems as compared to other years. I can only afford around 40K for a machine and this one prices at around $38. Thank you in advance for your advice. Tomm

Replies6
  1. #1d9gdon2017-04-16 14:42

    Great machines...hands down better than the K series in my experience.

  2. #2CM19952017-04-16 17:49

    I agree with d0gdon, me and my operators like the G over the K. We've got a 2004 D5G XL with over 5K on the clock. Rented a few D5K's and we all agree we'll keep what we got. The biggest issue we've had so far is electrical, as the G series is very finicky on having the correct voltage running through the system. There are several threads on the issue. Relatively easy troubleshooting and fixes, we've had were resolved with new batteries and a new alt. that wasn't putting out 14.4 volts. As far as the engine goes I've replaced the thermostat and regular services. It gets new oil and oil/fuel filter every 250 hrs, every 500 hrs the hyd. filters are changed. Our D5G has been a great little tractor. Sips fuel for what it can do. We mostly use it for stripping topsoil, spreading fill, backfilling pipe and fine grading. However you can set up slots and it'll move some material in a day as well. Not a bad price for the hours. Any pics?

  3. #3Tommjr2017-04-16 21:39

    Pretty new here. Not quite sure how to post a link or pics. Sorry. The tractor is located in Holcombe, WI at Chippewa Valley Equipment. The website is www.cvequipment.net It's a 2006 D3 LGP lll. You can't miss it. It's the only D3 LGP lll. Thank you very much.

  4. #4Welder Dave2017-04-17 01:31

    Looks like a good machine.

  5. #5old-iron-habit2017-04-20 19:48
  6. #6Tinkerer2017-04-20 21:24

    Nice machine Tommjr. But if you live in in Wisconsin I would think an enclosed cab would have top priority.