Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2006 Freighliner columbia 14L detroit diesel series 60 Blowby

dontpanic ยท 2023-09-30 17:02

Hi, I have a 2006 Freightliner Columbia 14L detroit diesel series 60 engine model : 6067HV6E. It has EGR but it is shutdown. Since I purchased it i have a problem with engine blowby and it burns about a gallon of motor oil a day. 5 years ago i did a complete engine overhaul. I exchanged all seals and gaskets, the pistons, injectors, caps, valve job, reface head and a installed a new turbo also. Now i have the same problem again. The same blowby and burns a gallon of motor oil a day. And now it send pressure in the watertank. I don't have water in the motoroil. I have also 2 other columbia 12.7L and they work perfect. One has EGR shutdown and the has no EGR. Only the 14L has problems. Do you know what the problem is and how can i resolve it?

Replies1
  1. #1Truck Shop2023-09-30 19:19

    liner sunk. very common on 14L DDEC 4's , does the waste gate work? how much boost? those engines would/could produce 45lbs boost, if it's pushing coolant, pressurizing the surge tank, and egr cooler is still there but good then-head gasket. those DDEC 4's were never designed to hold 45 psi boost, most blew the radiator out when head gasket failed.