Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2006 jcb 8080 excavator switching controls??

slade · 2017-05-05 08:21

I have a 2006 jcb 8080 excavator that has a button to change over the control mode, but now it randomly does it on its own??? Any ideas what's causing this?

Replies16
  1. #1jcb jeff2017-05-06 04:36

    Is it the 180 degree swing or the 2 speed tracking? Or is it ISO to SAE for the hand controls?

  2. #2slade2017-05-06 10:04

    It's the hand controls. The upper boom is switched from one stick to the other .

  3. #3jcb jeff2017-05-08 02:53

    So that means its the ISO to SAE control then, which should look like this and i would say one of the solenoids is playing up or you got a wiring issue also check the switch is ok . If only one circuit is playing up you could swap the coil/cartridges from left to right or disconnect the coils and see if that holds it in one pattern. .

  4. #4jcb jeff2017-05-08 03:19

    Forgot to add that this valve change over will be located at the 180 degree pivot area of the cylinder end of the ram under the cab. Also remember if taking the solenoids out to depressurize the servo /pilot circuit ignition on engine off and wiggle all levers to vent accumulator.

  5. #5slade2017-05-11 13:41

    So for the upper boom to be switched fRom one stick to the other that's the only difference between iso and sae? And when you say it's on the end of the ram under the cab what's the best way to achess this? There's a big round plate under the machine will I take that off and go up threw?

  6. #6jcb jeff2017-05-12 03:35

    This might help not sure on access but i guess under belly plate or through back of cab if there is a plate .

  7. #7slade2017-05-12 05:25

    OK thanks this helps a lot. Im gonna have a look at it this afternoon. I'm sure I'll have more questions then

  8. #8jcb jeff2017-05-12 06:38

    No Problems good luck getting to it.

  9. #9jcb jeff2017-05-15 03:25
  10. #10jcb jeff2017-05-15 03:26

    This might also help your fault finding.

  11. #11slade2017-05-19 13:38

    Looking for a part for a JCB excavator. Part # 25-221942. Solenoid coil. That's the solenoid that failed, switched it with another and fixed the problem. But I still need the coil. Know where I could order this? Dealer is crazy expensive. I'm in newfoundland Canada

  12. #12jcb jeff2017-05-22 02:57

    Hi Slade Not sure as i am in the uk ,is there any number on it to cross reference.

  13. #13ABR2024-12-08 07:39

    Hello, I have a similar problem on my JCB 8065 from 2012 with electro proportionnal hydraulics. The AUX Switch command (the button) on the LH joystick doesn't work anymore. I can't switch from from the boom of my excavator moving to the auxiliary circuit to have my shredder working. Before, when I pressed the button, I had the AUX light appearing on my instrument panel and a buzzer sound at the same time. Now, pressing this button makes nothing. Looking at the electrical scheme, I have been testing : - the joystick button with an ohmmeter --> OK - the voltage arriving to the button (5V) --> OK - the solenoid coils (as in your 1st scheme above, n°3) with an ohmmeter --> OK - the voltage arriving to the coils (12V) --> OK - I bought a new 5V regulator --> nothing changed - I tested the AUX resistor with an ohmmeter --> OK - I tested all the relays with an ohmmter and with a 12V battery to hear the "clac" --> OK - I tested the buzzer relay with an ohmmeter --> OK I did those tests looking at the electric scheme from the 8065 Midi Repair Service Manual sheet from C-48 and C-50 pages. In the C-50 page, the only thing I didn't test is the AUX CONTROL ECU4 and the AUX DIODE A & B because I don't think it might be the problem. Am I right or wrong ? Can you / anyone help ? I don' tknow what to do / test anymore ... I can't attach the scheme but can send it via email if needed. Thank you

  14. #14ABR2024-12-08 07:39

    Scheme C-48

  15. #15ABR2024-12-08 07:40

    Scheme C-50

  16. #16ABR2024-12-08 07:40

    It finally works