The manual says to remove the 1-1/4" plug and insert a pipe nipple to "open the drain valve". Is there a valve inside the tank that will open when a pipe is threaded in? Or will I get an oil bath?
I have been wondering where the hydraulic drain is on my E70B too. Maybe you have to remove that panel underneath. I like to crack the bottom plug on a machine that's been sitting a while to see if there's any water on the bottom.
I have removed the panel and the plug is easily accessible - just a little afraid to remove it.
U need to be fast haha
Especially if you forget to vent the tank first...
Yes Cat does have a spring check valve on a lot of their drains. When you take the plug out you will get a few drops of oil coming out. When you screw the 1 inch pipe in it will unseat the valve and let the oil flow.