Hi Everyone, I have a JD CT322. I have done some site search regarding the above, but seems like in similar instances, the controls either work or they don't. What's happening with my machine is sometimes the controls will work w/o any issues, hesitation etc., and sometimes they will not. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason...... This is the left foot controls only. the right side and forward/reverse (sticks) work fine. Here is the sequence............Go to job site, load machine, go to the shop, off loaded machine, 3 days later go service it, left foot controls won't move, talk to the guys that have run it prior, they say it happened 2x before, but always ended up working by restarting a few times, next day, I try again, all works well, raise the boom, secure it, lift the cab, clean everything up, top up all fluids/filters etc. go put the boom down and now it's stuck again. When I start the machine, all the control panel lights go off, which would lead me to believe it's neither one of the 2 safety switches????? Any idea where to start. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
There are solenoids that lock each valve section when park brake switch is off or seat belt uncoupled etc--- sounds like the boom valve solenoid is intermittant/faulty or has a bad electrical connection. They are located right on the control valve. Usually a fault code will trigger if its a fault with solenoid resistance etc. so it may be that the solenoid is mechanically defective and not causing a fault code to generate.
Thank you so much. Will give her a shot tomorrow. Let you know how I made out.