Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2006 John Deere 135C rts excavator swing gear box drain?

James Sorochan · 2026-03-24 14:21

Has anyone ever done one of these? Book says drain at bottom of dip stick tube. I don’t see anything down there. Not much room down there. I turned out dip stick tube and blew air through fill cap…….messy.

Replies5
  1. #1ohdeereme2026-03-24 15:03

    There should be an elbow pipe on the bottom of the gearbox with a pipe plug in it you can access from the bottom of the machine. Look for a hole in the bottom of the main frame close to the area below the gearbox. I think it takes a 10 or 12 mm Allen wrench to remove it. I hope this helps.

  2. #2James Sorochan2026-03-24 15:18

    This is what the book says.

  3. #3heymccall2026-03-24 15:40

    Usually accessed underneath, between the engine and the swing box.

  4. #4ohdeereme2026-03-24 15:43

    #31 is the elbow and # 33 is the plug. It takes an 8mm Allen wrench to remove the plug from the underside of the upper structure. The picture is rotated 90 degrees to the left and I don't know how to change it quickly. Hope this helps.

  5. #5James Sorochan2026-03-24 15:54

    Found it! I guess I should have looked around a little harder. Hanks guys.