Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2006 Komatsu PC 50 MR-2 Stalling using boom functions

Erhanw119 · 2025-03-20 07:18

First time posting on here. I have a 2006 Komatsu PC 50 MR-2. It recently started stalling anytime I use any boom function. It will complete the function if I jam the joystick down fast but still almost kills the engine. Will also stall when tracking up a steep incline. Has any one seen this before or have any insight on this?

Replies2
  1. #1Simon C2025-03-20 10:06

    How do you know if the engine is putting out as it should. Have you changed out all the fuel filters, are the air filters new, how many hours on the unit. Did the unit start doing this suddenly or was it all of a sudden.? Does the fuel lever move with the load if someone else is running it? Might be an idea to post a serial number. Have you disconnected the fuel line after the filter and seen if fuel just pours out, not just a gush and then slow trickle.? Have you checked the banjo bolts on side of the fuel pump in case if one has a screen in it.? Does your fuel tank have a suction screen, if it does has it been cleaned? Is there any codes on the display? Simon C

  2. #2Erhanw1192025-03-20 17:36

    Serial number is 5624 I changed the rubber fuel lines before the filter and injection pump. That’s when it really started. I’ll check to see if the fuel lever moves when under a load and I’ll check the banjo bolts for screens. No codes on the display. Doesn’t have a screen to display on. Thanks for the help. I’ll update when I check all of those things and let you know what I find.