I'm new to this forum but I'm hoping someone can help me out. I purchased a 2006 New Holland LB75.B backhoe. I need to do some work on it but I'm having a hard time finding the machine's serial number. The plate that's usually on the right side is missing. Also would like recommendations for a good source of replacement parts. I'd greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Acording to the service manual I found HERE it should also be stamped into the main frame in front of the right hand loader post. This is also where it's at on my older 575E.
Messicks is your friend! Where you are located, they will have parts to you in a day or 2 if they are in stock. They also have a setup directly with New Holland that they will drop ship any part that is in stock in the New Holland warehouse the next day. I ordered a part like this, and received it the next day in northeast PA. Don't be afraid to call Messicks with that NH odd ball problem ( O say it aint soo!) either. I do still use my local dealers, however, they do not stock at the same level as Messicks. For example, I usually get my maintenance items at the local NH stores...non rush. https://www.messicks.com/vendor/new-holland You will defiantly need the SN. Hopefully it can be found ad NH575E has indicated. NH has many SN breaks in the part listings!!
I appreciate the help. I need to reseal the swing cylinders and apparently there's some variations in the kits. I've been trying to locate the serial number as some suppliers are asking for it.
According to NH, there are 2 choices and are SN specific. See highlighted pic below.
BTW, what I do for cylinder packing is get the NH part # from Messicks, then google the number. You will often find low cost aftermarket kits. My personal favorite seal kit supplier is CEA Services. I just plug in the NH # in the search and usually a kit comes up. https://cea-services.com/products/sd9967?_pos=6&_sid=cb880f042&_ss=r Example: NH 87428631 $217.21 plus shipping and tax CEA Services New Holland Style 87428631 $51.19 plus tax and shipping Another example Broken Tractor 87428631 $80.00 plus tax and shipping
Look straight down between the loader and engine cover behind the head pin of the right side curl cylinder. The serial number should be stamped right in the top of the frame so no way it can get lost like the plate. You may need to wipe it clean to see it.
Very much appreciated! Any experience or recommendations for online manuals?
I put a link to the service manual in my first post. I think the parts manual is also online.
Your link is a preview of the manual. The first 51 pages. It is a typical way to draw attention to their website to buy the complete manual.
A manual is a much needed investment in any equipment you own. I have been known to purchase the manual for a machine that I am looking at, in order to become proficient prior to inspection. The above stated, does this work? I just did a google search. NEW HOLLAND LB75.B BACKHOE LOADER MANUAL SERVICE REPAIR SHOP | eBay Genuine New Holland Manual. You will receive PDF Manual so you dont need to wait for Book. Here is Example Of PDF Manual You can open it by Adobe Reader or Internet Browser. www.ebay.com
Ahh okay. I didn't look at it all that close. Sorry OP!
This forum and its members are very helpful. Thanks for all the help.
It might be hard to believe but there is no serial number in any of the suggested places. I'm beginning to wonder how a machine cannot have one. I need to reseal the swing cylinders and replace/rebuild the control valve for the swing/dip but there's variations in the parts that make a serial number necessary. Not sure what to do other than pull the components and take them somewhere to be done.
The photo and suggestion I gave is from my 575E so yours may be different but info I found indicated the LB75 SHOULD be in a similar location. I would clean and look all along the top of the frame on both sides of the engine. Hope it doesn't have grinder marks where the numbers should be.
No grinder marks but it's really got me wondering! I've even asked New Holland for help!
Did you pull the side covers to see if it's hidden under there? I know we have other members with a LB75. Maybe one will happen by to add their input.
@Jsocci welcome to the lb75b and New Holland family. These guys in this thread are crazy helpful, so you picked a good place to go. I also have the lb75b (but maybe a Frankenstein, mislabeled 85?) and I think I spent probably 400 bucks on paper manuals. I typically find the forum a better place to start than the manuals, but they are nice to have. From everything I can tell re-sealing our hoes is always kind of tricky finding correct seal kits and all that junk. For me, a know-nothing, I get pretty intimidated by the various options I don't quite understand. Unfortunately it sounds like you've looked in the correct places for the serial #. I think I've got the plate inside on one of the corners (hoe side?), another plate outside I think on the right side over the hydraulics tank? Then the stamped number I'm not sure about. Can you contact the seller to see if they had it perhaps? I looked at a picture of my engine plate and it does not appear to have the hoe's serial number on it.
Not sure if this helps but I found a listing for a 2005 LB75 that lists it's serial number as 31051667. If you know for a fact your machine is a 2006 it's serial number would be higher than that. New 2005 holland LB75.b turbo - tractor loader backhoe I also saw a photo indicating it was from a LB75 with the engine cover off the right side and it had the number stamped in the same location as my 575E
Yeah it's been a bit frustrating. A local New Holland dealer is trying to help me out but in the mean time I gave it a good power wash this morning so when everything dries out I'll give it a thorough inspection. I do have a leaky pressure relief valve on the swing control so I'll start out replacing that. If I can't determine the proper seals I'll probably have to pull the cylinders off and take them somewhere to be done. I was hoping to do it myself as I do enjoy mechanical work. But hey, thanks for the input and you're right, this forum is the best source of help and information!