Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Shuttle troubles 580ck

Craig Lewis · 2024-06-27 20:32

Don’t know where to start. Have the tractor split. Had no reverse. Pulled the shuttle and found all the springs broken in small pieces. I matched them as closely as I could and that seems to work out. Put new o-ring and gasket on separator and plate. Pulled the control valves and all seemed to be okay in that. So I put the shuttle back in the machine and still no reverse. Looking at the shuttle I see the reverse drum is falling right off. ?. Too much gap in the length of the shuttle. Have it out on the bench again. I have both mauals, parts and repair and just bought another older repair manual hoping it might show more detail. I know a change in the shuttle occurred just before my serial number (8341645) but I don’t know what it was.This looseness of the shuttle looks like I am missing a part but I don’t think so. Also, on the clutch packs there is a notch for a pin or something and have no clue on that. The manuals help but much is missing. Nothing in any manual shows anything regarding the springs. I find other issues with some of the assembly instructions. I need help and it will be appreciated. Thank You, Craig

Replies0

No replies yet.