Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2006 Terex 760B Backhoe Q’s

Chris FlokiCrow ยท 2024-07-22 17:04

Hi All! I just got a 2006 Terex 760B and am having some issues with the BH controls. There are two joysticks and the right hand one has a little button on it that is awkward to hit. It seems as though this button needs to be held down in order to operate the BH. It does not seem right to me since it really is not easy to push, its set past the knob of the stick, it does not come past the knob. There are switches on the right side of the cab, but the diagrams are worn off for the most part. Is there a button or switch that turns the hydro on to the BH? It would make sense to me if there was a switch or such to flip to operate more comfortably. PLEASE ANY HELP..... I'm a bit of a machine dunce.

Replies5
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-07-23 00:44

    I doubt the button needs to be pushed to operate the backhoe. Do you have an operators manual for the machine? It would explain the controls and may have a troubleshooting guide. Would think you could find one on the internet if a dealer doesn't have one. Not many 760 owners on the forum unfortunately.

  2. #2Chris FlokiCrow2024-07-23 09:56

    Thank you. I've located a manual (for $110.00) thief. I agree, there has to be a way to turn on the hydros to it.

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-07-23 15:11

    What manual did you find? That seems a little high for an operators manual but not terribly bad. I've seen service manuals for less. The hyd's. for the backhoe should always be on. I think I figured out what the button is for. You said it's an awkward position, what if you stand up? I think it's a joystick override switch so you stand while operating the backhoe. That makes the most sense to me. If not maybe a manually applied power booster. These are things listed for a 760B but I'd bet on it being so you can stand up to look down into the trench when digging. Likely overrides a seat safety switch. https://corbelleri.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/tx760b(1).pdf THE TEREX TX760B TRACTOR LOADER BACKHOE OFFERS HIGH PERFORMANCE IN A COMPACT PACKAGE Southaven, Miss. (Nov. 14, 2006) Developed to increase productivity, the Terex TX760B Tractor Loader Backhoe is ideal for contractors with applications requiring the versatility of a wheel loader and the functionality of an excavator, giving operators the best of both worlds in one powerful... www.equipmentworld.com

  4. #4Driver20222024-07-23 16:05

    Take a picture of said button.

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-07-23 16:57

    I'd bet it's the joystick override. Makes sense it's awkward to push sitting in the seat. Your hand wouldn't be in the same position standing up. It also makes sense you have to keep it pushed when standing so the boom can't swing into something accidentally.