Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2006 Terex HR16 w/980 Hours

munsters100 ยท 2010-02-08 09:57

Hello, I just purchased a used 2006 HR16 w/980 Hours. The machine was owned by a construction company. I talked with the union opertator that ran it for most of the hours and he said they took very good care of it and he greased it all the time. It shows that was greased because the machine is very tight. Is there anything on this machine I need to pay particular attention to? I did notice when running it the other day when you swing the table around it is very smooth with no noise with the stick up close and when you have a load in the bucket and the stick extended it make a little noise when you let off of the joystick to stop the swing. Is this normal? I also want to buy a used 12" bucket any suggestions on where to find one.

Replies3
  1. #1adv.wastewater2010-02-08 23:57

    I think you will be happy with the HR16. My father bought one brand new back in 04 and it's still making money today. Only problem has been a hydraulic hose going to the blade but of course that's nothing major. As far as the noise, ours makes that same noise you are describing. I don't think it's anything to worry about. Great machines for the money.

  2. #2Cal2010-02-09 07:35

    I've been running an HR16 Schaeff for a few years now. They are very dependable and it definitely runs very well. One of the highest digging depths out there for a mini with a 60" foot print. I hear the that noise on ours too. If I had to guess I would say it is the brake slipping. But that's normal for our machine too.

  3. #3munsters1002010-02-09 11:06

    Thanks so much for your replies. I always get nervous when I buy something used especially something I know very little about. Any ideas where I can get a 12" bucket?