Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 743

JAZZY5 ยท 2010-02-12 21:53

My Bobcat has a broken center piston mount for the bucket. The mount cracked right through the upper pin hole and the piece is lost. Does any one make a new mount that can be welded on or does this need to be custom made?

Replies6
  1. #1willie592010-02-12 22:01

    I'm going to guess you'll have to custom fab repair plates. Don't know for sure though. That's a common weak spot on a 743. Hope you get it fixed.

  2. #2JAZZY52010-02-12 22:11

    Thanks for the reply, That what I was afraid of

  3. #3willie592010-02-12 22:15

    Have you called Bobcat and see if they offer repair components?

  4. #4JAZZY52010-02-12 22:25

    I checked their web site but I thought one of you guys might know about a fix or after market part from experience.

  5. #5willie592010-02-12 23:06

    Well, the only thing I know about Bobcat is if you need parts, they have to come from Bobcat. Very very little aftermarket stuff out there for Bobcat machines. I haven't had to repair a 743 that completely broke out and lost pieces, was able to repair/reinforce them when they were still in the cracked stage.

  6. #6icewater750742010-02-13 10:50

    I worked for the Bobcat dealer for several years when first starting out, but the 751/753 series were being sold at that time. We had alot of 743's in our customer base. The break you have is common due to stress. You can order the weldment but it will be as part of the arm assembly. The easiest way is to have a good welder/fab guy make one. I have made them and also had them made, the repair works well. Good Luck.