We have a Deere 2007 135D with a Isuzu engine with a cooling system problem, After about 15 min run time, the high temp alarm comes on, also the temp gage goes into the red & derates. Changed out thermostat, lower temp sender & sensor still did it, Deere tech checked it out, said water pump was shot not circulating coolant, so changed out water pump, the old pump had lots of end play & up & down ,flushed rad, put it back together same problem, alarm and gage says it getting hot,but put temp gun on its around 75 c. Replaced high temp sender, problem went away, 2 days later its back, confused , could it be the temp gage & monitor ? What does the 2 senders and sensor on the thermostat housing do, I am old school so this is all new to me, have ordered a tech manual but its going take a couple of weeks to get. Thanks in advance for any help, Ken
I'm not sure but does this have a hydraulic fan or belt driven fan? If hydraulic could be the motor or pump going out no matter what you change on the cooling side always gonna over heat if the fan can't pull enough air through. If a belt fan I'll have to do some diggin.
Tractor guy, Its belt driven,( 2 belts) Has Air to Air, It does not get real hot, next thing I am going to try is take the thermostat out, and run her without, Ken
Don't do it, or before you do make sure the thermostat is not "double acting". Most thermostats close off the radiator passage and open a return passage to the engine when cold. If you take the thermostat out, coolant will bypass the radiator and just circulate through the engine, no good. Since it's had work recently, is the coolant level right, has it worked all the air out, what's the coolant temp going back to the engine when it's overheating? Have you gone over the radiator "with a fine tooth comb" so to speak? Unless you can see clear through it, take it off and blow every fin clean. It's easy to say it looks clean when there's something in the way. When you take it apart and look close, dust and debris is usually built up enough to block it. Look at it this way, coolant chemistry is amazing these days, but nobody's figured out how to take the dust out of working with a skidsteer. That's general advice for any cooling system, ignore it if your temperatures aren't actually getting high.
Cooling system Delmer I am going to start fresh, test& record all temps , check thermostat, The top rad hose takes a long time to warm up & the lower hose is luke warm, but the water pump inlet is hot, could this be a flow issue in the rad, I cleaned the rad with soap & water, then blew with air. We are running it, but the alarm is hard to take. I am retired Mechanic been out the game for a while and the old computer isn,t working like it did. I am helping a young fella that is just starting out in the excavating business & cannot afford the $400. service call & $160.per hr that deere charge, I really appreciate the help, Ken
I would guess that there's no way the water side of the radiator is plugged, unless it's had water added, or some other contamination. What did the drained coolant look like? was it drained into a clean white bucket so you can tell what settles out. If you take some temps as it's warming up and when it's overheated, that should tell something.