Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator doing demolition work and fell through the floors

CDNDIESELMONKEY ยท 2016-03-29 21:12

This was on the news and I thought it was worth sharing! http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/...xcavator-spring-garden-road-halifax-1.3509487 Hope this isn't common

Replies4
  1. #1movindirt2016-03-29 21:16

    My only question is, what was he doing on the second floor??

  2. #2390eric2016-03-29 21:23

    Looks like more than one floor it fell through

  3. #3CM19952016-03-29 21:41

    I am guessing that was the low bidder?

  4. #4mitch5042016-03-29 22:18

    I've gotten on a building without making sure the floor joists are broken, and fallen 3' or so when they give way, that'll dang near make you need new underwear. Worst I ever did was be about 7' up on a pile of rubble, and think I was lined up with the ramp, when I wasn't. I dropped my 215C straight down onto asphalt. Once I realized I lived, I looked to see who saw me, of course, everybody did. I thought sure I broke the old Cat, but I never saw any damage.