Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2007 200CLC

DanielG ยท 2020-12-20 19:24

I am having trouble with our 2007 200CLC excavator. This has been a reoccurring issue for a while now. The SN is FF200CX508911. The machine runs great and out of the blue the check engine light will come on and 2 active codes will show up. SPN 1569 FMI 31 and SPN 1076 FMI 13. There is one stored code SPN 1076 FMI 0. We have changed out the lift pump, injector pump, cleaned the grounds to the ECU and a few other small things. It was running real rough so I added a good dose of diesel kleen to the fuel and its running smoother. I am assuming it was a injector sticking. Another symptom is that when the codes appear the hydraulics seem to have a problem. Its hard to describe but they seem as though something is not opening and pressure is deadheading. Every function gets really slow, the engine rpms drop, sometimes stalling (dies) the engine like its loaded up and can't pull any harder. I understand the codes lead back to the injector pump and just want to make darn sure this is it since we have already tried changing it once. What could I be missing here?

Replies15
  1. #14bz2020-12-20 22:31

    Have you tried draining some of the diesel fuel from the tank sump to visually check for contamination? The 200CLC has a tank drain valve below the sump, and an opening in the tank belly pan so that the valve is accessable.

  2. #2DanielG2020-12-20 22:41

    Yes I have. I got around a shot glass full out of it. When I went to drain it the earlier in the week the valve was stopped us so I had to pull it and clean it. I lost around 2 gallons so I am not sure how much water was in there at that time. It was a couple of days later when I drained it again. I do have 3 of the T's on top of the injectors that have started leaking. I am going to get some tomorrow since I cannot find the part number for the orings by themselves.

  3. #3mg23612020-12-21 05:51

    A 1076.13 code is high resistance in the injection pump solenoid circuit. It will also de-rate (1569.31 code) the engine power 50%. Since you replaced the injection pump all that is left is the wiring from the ECU to the injection pump or the ECU itself. So the wires need to be load tested to check voltage drop and also checked with a wiggle test. Not as accurate but you could ohm them out and wiggle to see if the wiring intermittently opens. For troubleshooting (if you don't know how to test the wires) you could run two new wires from the ECU (pins K2-supply, and A3-return) to the injection pump (pin 1-supply, pin 2-return). Deere dealers should have the terminals in stock for both ends of the wires.

  4. #4dozr2020-12-21 12:36

    have you checked filter in bango bolt in line on lift pump

  5. #5DanielG2020-12-21 19:27

    I am going to have to ask where that might be and what does it look like. I am not familiar with the bango bolt.

  6. #6newdanr2021-01-02 21:34

    Without digging up a photo on the internet.... I believe what the poster was referring to is a type of fitting that I have only seen on diesel fuel systems (although I'm sure that they are used in other applications). At the end of the fuel line, there is a metal fitting that larger than the line, and forms a circle. (ie, it looks like the head of a banjo, and the fuel line is like the neck). A special hollow bolt goes through the middle of that 'banjo' piece into the fuel pump or whatever. Those fittings are usually pretty easy to spot, because they look like a large-headed bolt that threads straight into the pump/whatever. Hope that helps. If not, I'm sure an internet search would find some photos. danr

  7. #7garrett812024-02-09 01:24

    Having the same problem, did you find the solution?

  8. #8Graham_042024-02-26 22:22

    The ecm ended up being the problem. Had john deere put a ecm on it and the issue went away.

  9. #9garrett812024-02-26 23:19

    Do you happen to have the part number? Just having trouble finding the right one, thanks!!

  10. #10Graham_042024-02-27 01:26

    You need to look it up by your serial number. Provide it to me and I can try to find it.

  11. #11garrett812024-02-27 08:51

    Q PE6068H317791 engine serial FF2054X200171 machine serial

  12. #12Graham_042024-02-27 10:05

    Part Number RE506665 for engine controller. This is a different ecm that I am used to dealing with so I have no experience with it or how it operates on your machine. It seems you have a logger excavator and it is set up a bit different than mine. I encourage you to enter your serial number here and take a look around. This catalog is very helpful for finding part numbers yourself or seeing how things are routed. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/

  13. #13Diesel Dave2024-02-27 10:49

    I believe Graham was referring to a lower serial # break . The correct ECU per your serial number is part # RE532629 . https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/338599/referrer/search/pgId/920537097 . The ECU is shipped blank so the dealer will have to install the proper software. Most dealers can do it on the bench. You will need to provide the machine and engine serial numbers and also the machine hours.

  14. #14mg23612024-02-27 11:55

    And bring your old ECU. They need to transfer information from one controller to another if the old one is not totally dead, and there is a core charge.

  15. #15Welder Dave2024-02-27 21:47

    Good thing the people helping you knew it was a JD machine.