Ran the batteries down the other day. Charged them. The machine started fine even tho it was only 20 degF out. Ran it for 30 min.... Enough to move a stone. Parked it. We got 18" of snow in a blizzard and I went to move the machine to bust out a snow bank. It wouldn't start. Nothing. Batteries are charged, but a faint click when I press the starter button. Thinking between the snow, and damp weather we had last week the starter or starter solenoid might be frozen....? Waiting for a bit an thaw next week to see if I can get it to run.... Is there anything I might be missing? I've only had the machine 8 months. 1988 vintage. Has been an solid starter and excellent machine in every regard until now when I actually need it...i use it at the log landing for loading look logs for my sawmill when it's not digging.
No replies yet.